Ganz langsam kommen ein paar wenige Infos zu Änderungen in Build 44.
- Automatische Mapwechsel, wenn ein Server längere Zeit leer ist
- Brush-based Teleporter
- Trigger beim Rundenstart / -ende und beim Spielstart / -ende
Bereits fertig ist dagegen eine neue Version vom Map Editor. Dieser ist inzwischen bei der Version .97k angekommen. Die Weiterentwicklung daran wurde 2007 ja eingestellt und 2018 wieder aufgenommen. Seitdem gibt es regelmäßige Updates.
Für Paintball gibt es natürlich eine angepasste Version (Stand: .97h2) direkt von jitspoe. Ich denke da wird demnächst auch noch ein Update auf die aktuellste Version kommen.
Changelog seit 2018 (grau = noch nicht in der Paintball Version):
- Added Flip X/Flip Y buttons for texture alignment.
- Fixed highres textures in texture alignment view.
- Fixed missing names in texture unload dialog.
- Fixed .bat export crash.
- Fixed missing status bar.
- Fixed left and back faces in texture alignment.
- Added panning to texture alignment (middle drag).
- Mousewheel will only zoom the texture alignment view when the mouse is over it.
- Added texture alignment system to the surface window. The texture alignment view shows the current brush face on top of the current texture configuration, and provides a resizable texture rectangle. Dragging the ST corner of the rectangle moves the texture with snap, and dragging inside moves without snap. Dragging the ends of the S and T edges will rotate the texture. Dragging the corner opposite to ST or any of the edges will scale/resize the texture. With edge snap mode, snapping occurs on the points of the brush face and at quarter divides on each edge. With grid snap mode, snap occurs at the same positioning as the XY grid. Ctrl+mousewheel will change the grid size. Mousewheel will zoom.
- Added new system for defining exports to replace the .bat file system. The new system will be used if the game directory includes a file named exporter.cfg. This file defines all of the exporter scripts in one place (see the included exporter for quake for syntax and examples). This script generates the batch commands so no external .bat files are needed, though it can still run other .bat files, programs, or batch commands like cd copy mkdir etc. When the file is modified, the BSP menu will be updated with the changes.
- When the surface window is "keep on top", toggling the window (z) will hide it if it is not focused instead of setting focus to it.
- Fixed a crash that can happen when selecting multiple entities of different types.
- Fixed a crash with tab complete in the console when the window was resized too wide.
- Fixed some textures becoming distorted after turning off highres textures.
- Q2: Removed the green "detail" dot on brushes to improve perf.
- Q2: Flags/contents/value will now always be saved in the .map. Previously, flags were saved only when different from the .wal, and on map load would load missing flags from the .wal.
- GL textures are now always in 32bit format. Removed -texalpha and -colorbits app arguments.
- Fixed console to allow assigning empty values to string settings.
- Added "mirror" editing mode to automatically flip or rotate the map while you edit. Mirroring works with lighting and shadows, texture locking, team textures and map save/load. Mirroring currently has one mode (flip x, flip y, or rotate 180) and can enabled per group. Mirroring is configured through the right-click context menu on the group window.
- Added the option "Enable mirroring for new groups" which will enable mirroring when a new group is created.
- Added the command "Stop mirroring and keep mirror brushes" which will commit the mirror brushes into the world and make them editable.
- The "Configure mirroring" option shows a configuration dialog which lets you choose the mirroring mode or disable all mirroring, and also lets you set the "team texture" team for the mirrored side.
- Mirrored entities have a "Mirror override" section in the entity window which allows you to override certain settings on the mirror. Mirror values that not overriden will say "" meaning the value stays synced with the source entity. A value can be synchronized with the "Synchronize mirror value" context menu.
- Mirrored entities will mirror the entity "angle" key.
- Added support for loading .skm models, set "enable_skm_models" to 1.
- Camera position, yaw and pitch is displayed on the status bar.
- Fixed md2 texture loading in the case when the texture filename inside the md2 is not a pcx.
- Added setting "pb_tga_fix" to fix .tga loading for PB2 which fixes some .tga files from being loaded upside down.
- Added support for locking groups. A locked group cannot be edited or selected, but is still displayed in the XY and 3d views. Brush outlines in the XY views are dimmed.
- Added option "Edit selected group only" on the group menu. When enabled, only the current/selected group will be editable, and all other groups will lock.
- Rotating a single entity with the mouse will set the "angle" key on the entity.
- Can rotate a selection of entities with the mouse now. This will change the positions of the entities, but not modify the entity angles (angle updated only with a single selection).
- For certain shapes of brushes, dragging an edge or vertex or shearing over the opposite side of the brush will invert the brush and keep it editable instead of it disappearing. For example, make a triangle shaped brush and drag one corner over the opposite side.
- Reorganized the group window context menu.
- Added new command "Clear Regions and Select" command (CM_NOREGION_AND_SELECT) (Ctrl+R). Same as CM_NOREGION (alt+R), except the unhidden brushes are selected. Useful for selecting multiple brushes (especially obscured ones) if you hide ones you want (H key) and then unhide with Ctrl+R.
- The first entry in "favorite_classes" will be the default entity to make (instead of worldspawn which can't be made).
- Improved property grid editing in the entities window.
- Updated the settings dialog.
- Added shadow rendering to vertex lighting. Enable with gl_shadows 1. Shadows will render slowly, and get increasingly slower when maps get larger. Subdividing will give better quality, but will slow it down more. While rendering, 1 cpu core will run at 100%, so if you need to stop it you can turn off shadows. Added command CM_TOGGLE_SHADOWS.
- Added sunlight rendering. Set gl_sunlight 1 to enable. Vertex lighting and shadows must also be enabled. Added command CM_TOGGLE_SUNLIGHT.
- Set gl_sunlight_color to set the color of the sunlight.
- Set gl_sunlight_yaw and gl_sunlight_pitch to control sunlight angle.
- Set gl_use_worldspawn_sunlight 1 to override the sunlight yaw and pitch with values from worldspawn. Looks for "yaw pitch" value from keys: _sun_angle, _sun_mangle, or _sunlight_mangle.
- gl_ambient_color will also affect vertex lighting.
- Added setting gl_debug_lines to show face triangles. Useful when configuring subdividing. Added command CM_TOGGLE_DEBUG_LINES.
- Split up the "Display" menu into new menus for "Rendering" and "Camera". Display holds things related to labeling, Camera is all camera related commands, and Rendering is all commands related to the rendering in the 3D view. Moved monster and surface window toggles to Window menu.
- Vertex lighting now also works for flat shaded mode.
- Added context menu item to the entities window to clear a property value.
- Added an offset to the center camera command (alt+c) to make it less likely that the camera will be put inside the selected brush.
- Clipper points in 3D show the clipper number.
- In 3D, while actively moving using the keyboard, using shift to speed up keyboard movement won't trigger the panning or strafing modes.
- Fixed a bug in 3d window mouse handling that made edge knob dragging not work.
- 3d view mouse pan and strafe modes will move smoothly now.
- Updated the entities window. Added two buttons to change views: Properties and Class List. Properties shows the original entity editor. The "Class List" view shows the list of entities and replaces the entity dropdown list. Highlighting an entry in the class list updates the label next to the Make button, and Make will create the entity as before.
- Added settings to control subdividing to improve the quality of vertex lighting. Subdividing happens in the background so it may use more cpu but shouldn't slow down editing. Enable subdividing with gl_subdivide. Set the maximum number of subdivides with gl_subdivide_max_depth (default 4). Set gl_subdivide_size (default 64) to stop subdividing when triangle edges reach the specified size.
- Added "Favorities" to the entity class list to keep common entities near the top of the list. The list is configured in game.cfg with the favorite_classes setting, each class separated by a semicolon. Eg: favorite_classes "light;info_player_deathmatch"
- Added game setting pb_show_flag_color for PB2 to show correct flag colors based on flag and worldspawn settings. When enabled, this overrides the FGD configuration for flags.
- In the XY views, when the camera is off screen, an indicator will be drawn on the edge of the view pointing toward the camera.
- Q2 detail brushes will no longer render as transparent.
- Group window title will say when group mode is disabled.
- Fixed and enabled vertex dragging. A vertex can be dragged if it touches one or more 3-point face. Works best when all faces touching the vertex have 3 points, because faces with 4 or more points will be kept in place so some distortion will occur.
- Vertex dragging works with multiple brushes selected.
- Improved edge dragging to prevent brush distortion in some cases.
- Fixed crash when cloning brush entities (eg func_door) with vertex lighting enabled.
- Escape key will close the help window if it has focus.
- The worldspawn "sky" key when not blank will override the gl_skybox_name setting (gl_skybox_path must also be set).
- gl_skybox_path now supports multiple paths separated by semicolon.
- Moved gl_skybox, gl_skybox_name and gl_skybox_path to the game config section.
- FGD class names are now treated case insensitive.
- Updated FGD parsing to support basic expressions for "studio" model loading (can load pb2ents_b41_tb.fgd). Another example, with a proper fgd, func_models will display their model in the 3d view.
- Fixed bug: Models will render with the correct skin instead of whichever skin loaded first.
- Q1 game.cfg pak_file setting now supports directories.
- Escape key will stop brush/face painting modes and go back to the selection mode.
- Split CM_DESELECT_ALL into a new command CM_ESCAPE. Escape key runs CM_ESCAPE, and Edit->Select->Deselect All runs CM_DESELECT_ALL.
- Added vertex lighting. Uses _color from entity. Lights cast from entities with names starting with "light". Lights also cast from brush surfaces with the "light" flag set, and use the texture value for the light intensity. Setting: gl_vertex_lighting Command to toggle: CM_VERTEX_LIGHTING . Setting to adjust light amount: gl_lightscale . Recommended to disable gl_shading (menu: Display->"GL shading") to make the lighting less dark. Also try adjusting gl_brightness and gl_ambient_color.
- Added face value painting mode for Q2 for phong and surface lights. Left clicking faces in the 3D view sets the texture "value" from the surface window. When in this mode, green faces match the current value, red values have a different but non-zero value, and regular color faces have a zero value.
- The "GL Shading" command should now toggle correctly.
- Turning off "Solid models" will render entities as wireframe boxes again.
- Anti-aliasing will now apply to wireframe entities, the world axes and the world grid.
- Fixed loading .pts and .lin leak files, which sometimes crashed and only displayed correctly in the top XY view and 3D view.
- Reverted change that broke edge snapping: Fixed bug where dragging an edge could sometimes cause the brush to become infinitely tall.
- Added 3d panning mode. Configure NAVIGATE_PAN in bspmou3d.cfg.
- Fixed crash when loading certain kinds of jpg files.
- Fixed cursor flickering on Windows 10.
- Improved jagged brush edges in GL with outlines turned off.
- Removed gl_full_res_texture setting, now always on. (could disable to reduce memory usage).
- (Q2) Added setting replace_wal_images which when on will try to load jpg/png/tga images matching the wal filename in the same texture dir. Defaults to on. The setting alt_texture_path lets you specify a semicolon-separated list of paths to include, where the path points to the base texture dir.
- Fixed a display issue where transparent brushes become solid after being opened in a .map.
- Bsp.exe is now 64-bit.
- Added "team texturing" feature. Define teams (e.g. red and blue), and then define textures for each team using the texture window. Selected brushes with team textures can then be retextured to another team with one click. Reassigning a team texture in the texture window will also update the texture on all brushes using that texture. Teams are defined via the Texture->Initialize team texture menu. Team textures are shown in the texture window and can be controlled with context menus. Right click the "Team textures" area in the texture window to add a new texture. Select a regular texture, and Ctrl+Click a team texture slot to assign it. Teams will also appear in the Group window, where the right-click menu contains the re-texture feature. Team texture info is saved in the .map file, though BSP-specific.
- Flipping brushes with the Mirror X/Y/Z commands now mirrors textures on locked brushes.
- Moving the mouse over the Flip and Rotate toolbar buttons will render a preview of the transform operation.
- Fixed bug where the entity window was temporarily showing keys from the previous map's entities after opening another map.
- Fixed bug where new brushes were created with detail content flag set after removing detail from another brush.
- Fixed bug where locked brushes with non power of 2 sized textures were getting shifted incorrectly during translation.
- Enabled tabbing and shift-tabbing through surface window edit boxes.
- Fixed surface window +/- buttons losing some clicks, and added a small delay before repeating.
- Fixed the default height of the surface window when in Q2 mode.
- Selecting a brush in 3D when there is no other selection will no longer update the properties in the surface window. The surface window will now update only when a texture is lifted (eg right click).
- Clicking group checkboxes to toggle visibility won't select the group.
- Fixed bug: Lifting textures in the 3D view (right click) will highlight the current face in the XY views.
- Flip/Rotate/Scale commands can be undone.
- Light entities and entities defined by the .fgd with a _color key will draw using the _color value in the 3d view. Can disable with gl_entity_use_color_key=0.
- Clicking and dragging on a brush in the 3D view will select multiple brushes, instead of selecting only the clicked brush.
- Lifting a texture (right-click 3D) won't clear the undo state.
- Lifting a texture with multiple brushes selected will update the current face on the clicked brush.
- Locked selected brushes will draw with the blue lock color in the 3D view.
- Made the status bar 2 pixels shorter, and expanded the left side of windows by 1 pixel (left edges are thinner).
- Fixed the Raise/Lower bottoms commands in the XY views.
- Fixed incorrect names showing in the spawnflags dropdown in the entity window.
- Fixed FGD to inherit flags/choices values.
- Fixed bug where dragging an edge could sometimes cause the brush to become infinitely tall.
- Added game.cfg option "use_floating_point_precision" to enable loading and saving floating point plane values. Enabled by default. Surface/texture values will support floating point values, and mouse-based brush rotations will be smooth and not deform.
- While creating brushes with mouse dragging, the brushes will be outlined in the current group color in the XY views.
- Fixed crash when dragging multiple brush faces.
- Fixed XY title bars not updating zoom/scale values.
- Fixed flip/rotate commands not working when entities were also selected.
- Flip/Scale/Rotate/Subtract/Clip Current Face commands will be grayed out when there is no selection.
- Carve/Split/Flip Clipper options will be grayed out when there is no clipper.
- Fixed FGD parser to accept long descriptions on choices (currently ignored).
- The FGD parser will not report an error for unspecified default choices when the default is blank or not specified.
- Fixed crash when clicking after the last group in the group window.
- Fixed missing scrollbar on the Load Texture dialog.
- Always show options under the File menu to load .pts leak files since some Q2 compilers still generate them.
- Added a vertex subtraction tool. Similar to CSG subtract, it subtracts just the vertices from the world that are within the selected brushes. Can be used to delete a single vertex, or perform a carve on many brushes at once.
- Turned on "Snap Back" by default.
- Shearing (Alt+Shift+Left mouse) will pick the single nearest face to shear instead of becoming a vertex drag if used on a brush corner.
- Removed popup when moving the selection into a hidden group. The selection will move to the hidden group and become hidden.
- Fixed spacing issue with lights generated by Make Lights.
- Fixed popup loop which happened when adding a brush to a hidden group and canceling.
- Small rendering perf improvements.
- Fixed problem with "rotate brush" dialog not showing (ctrl+R).
- 0.97a fix: Fixed rendering bug where some frames were skipped when first moving the camera.
- 0.97a fix: Mirror commands are fixed.
- 0.97a fix: Fixed a crash that could happen when selecting an entity key with multiple entities selected.
- 0.97a fix: Updated the Hexen2 game.cfg, also added a hexen2.fgd.
BSP .97a NEW FEATURES
2/18/2018 - 5/13/2018
- Updated rendering engine which makes camera movement smoother and supports simultaneous movement keys and mouse look. Hold shift to move at double speed. This change also replaces "run mode" and is always enabled.
- Added "fps" setting to control render rate for both software and GL render modes, default 60.
- Changed default keys: WADS to move, keys Q E turn left and right, keys R F move up and down. Load .wad is now Ctrl+W. Surface window toggle is now Z. Extrude is now Ctrl+F. Copy is Ctrl+C. Split clipper is the X key.
- Added "gl_anti_alias" option to render anti-aliased lines in GL mode.
- Improved the look of brush outlines in the GL mode 3D window (even with anti-alias disabled).
- Entity names can now be shown in the GL mode 3D window.
- Redesigned entity window with an inline property editor.
- Support for loading .fgd entity files.
- The entity editor now updates all entities in the selection. When multiple entities are selected, only common keys will be shown.
- Added an automatic window layout mode. Layout updates on resize unless using a saved slot. Can switch between automatic layout mode and saved window slots.
- Updated Quake1 export scripts to target ericw's compiling tools (https://ericwa.github.io
/ericw-tools). Download and extract in the BSP quake1\bats directory.
- Added a new toolbar to group the commands specific to the 3D window. Includes buttons to switch to brush and face texturing modes. Added "SameLine" option in bspbars.cfg to keep the third toolbar on the second row.
- Added a new color to differentiate entity connection lines going to or from the selected entity.
- Fixed cases where entity connection lines were not drawing with their regular color in the 3d window.
- Entity connection lines will show if either end of entity is off the screen.
- Entity connection lines will redraw while moving entities.
- Fixed bug where entities disappeared if moved after an undo.
- Added "isolate selection" command to make a region containing only the selected brushes (keyboard 'I').
- Added "hide selection" command to hide selected brushes from the current region (keyboard 'H').
- Added toolbar buttons: toggle regions, hide selection, isolate selection, reset the region.
- Removed the toolbar buttons for creating a region shaped by the selected brush, though the functionality is still available in the Group->Region menu.
- When regions are enabled, the XY view grid will now draw beyond the region boundary.
- Fixed "look at selection" not working after deselecting an entity.
- Fixed some cases where making certain types of changes would not ask to save the map before exporting.
- Loading a .wad will add it to the "wad" key instead of showing a reminder.
- Unloading a wad or texture directory will unload only from the current map instead of all maps.
- Surface window will toggle correctly with the Z key. Previously, if the window was behind others, it needed 2 keypresses to bring to front.
- Added option to choose skin number in models.ini. Added yellow and red armor to Quake1 models.ini.
- Added option to Export menu to enable saving automatically before exporting.
- Reorganized the Window menu, removed the default window arrangement options (tile, cascade).
- Setting steps_per_turn can be updated without restarting the editor.
- Editing of entity classname and origin keys is prevented in the editor. Edit and reload the .map if a workaround is needed.
- Fixed issue with obscured text in the 3D window angle controls.
- Exporting a map that is being saved for the first time will use the correct filename instead of "default".
- Unselected brushes beyond +/-8192 will be visible in side XY views.
- Fixed crashes that could occur after loading or saving prefab .mrg files.
- Grid lines and grid dots have separate color settings now.
- Attempting to add a brush to a hidden group will ask to show the group and stop, instead of asking to show the group after adding a hidden brush.
- New groups will have a default random color and not prompt with the color dialog. Color can still be chosen later.
- New groups will have a default name in the prompt so they can be created quicker.
- Group visibility in the group list will toggle with 1 click on the checkbox.
- Group window will always show text drawn in the group color instead of switching the color to black or white.
- Groups can be moved to the top of the list.
- Improved performance when showing the dot grid in XY views.
- Fixed a bug where using add/remove detail may have crashed if used in non-Quake2 modes. The detail commands are functional in Quake2 mode only.
- High-res textures will rebind after changing gl_highres_path.
- The new game_exe setting configures the game to launch when exporting. This is the second parameter passed to the export .bat files.
- The map_export_path setting configures where to copy compiled maps to run. This is the third parameter passed to the export .bat files.
- Added an export button to the main toolbar. This runs the first exporter shown in the Export menu.
- Fixed some error popups that could get hidden behind the main window and steal input.
- Fixed undo to work after applying face/brush texture using the mouse in the 3D window.
- Reordered and renamed some items in the 'Make' list. Default option makes a Room.
- The Make option "Extrude faces" will use the original texture of each face.
- The command "Extrude face" (Ctrl+F) will texture each face of the new brush based on the edges and faces of the source brush.
- Sky textures are animated in the texture window again.
- When opening a Quake2 .map, the texture directories will be loaded based on textures used in the map file. When creating a new map, if default_wad is set in the game.cfg, the texture directory matching the wad filename will be loaded (eg, specifying "pball.wad" will load the "pball" texture directory. It will not actually try to load pball.wad, just use its name). Otherwise, press 'L' to load a Q2 texture directory.
- On startup, the "Choose Game" dialog will highlight the last game used from the previous editing session.
- Fixed flickering window titles.
- If window borders look distorted in Win8/Win10, try running BSP in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Right-click bsp.exe, go to the Compatibility tab, and choose Windows 7 in the dropdown.
- Renamed "Move selection to XY" to "Move Selected Brushes to XY center" and moved it to the edit menu.
- Moved the recent files list into the main File menu.
- Fixed a bug in the recent file list where it sometimes opened the wrong map.
- Fixed a bug with exit not saving some maps if multiple maps were open.
- Added experimental .svg exporter which saves a top-down vector image of the map, and another for exporting a wireframe of the 3D view. Run with "cm_export_svg" or "cm_export_svg3d" from the console window.
- Added experimental .bsp file loader. Loads the entities into the map. In GL mode, the .bsp wireframe will be drawn in the 3D view (it does not add editable brushes or load textures). Can also load a .bsp by dragging the file onto the main window, or load a .bsp into the current map with CM_BSP_LOAD. The command CM_BSP_UNLOAD will hide the 3D wireframe but the entities will stay in the map.
- "Texture search" dialog supports finding multiple textures separated by semicolon.
- The selection tool in XY views (shift click and drag) now selects the brushes exactly touching the selection rectangle, instead of selecting based on the rectangular bounds of each brush. This fixes the problem where brushes with diagonal sides could be selected when selecting empty space.
- Revert entities to world will work for all selected entities instead of requiring a single selection.
- Revert entities will only revert the selected brushes, instead of reverting the entire entity.
- Added "Move Brushes into Entity" command in the Edit menu. This will move selected brushes into the selected entity. The selection must contain at least one world brush to move, and contain one non-world entity as the target.
- Brush subtraction is limited to worldspawn brushes as a workaround to some bugs.
- Fixed issues with XY outline color changing inconsistently after selecting entities. The expected behavior is that when a non-world brush or entity is selected, other brushes will dim to the "color_otherbrush" gray color.
- Removed "show_hits" and CM_TOGGLE_HITS since it is not implemented. To cycle hit brushes, hold shift and hold the left mouse button over a stack of brushes in the XY view.
- Cycling hit brushes with the mouse will redraw all XY views.
- Tooltips show the keyboard shortcut.
- Selected entity names are drawn with the selection color.
- Quake1 pak_file option in game.cfg supports multiple pak files separated by semicolons. Required .pak files must be specified in game.cfg to be able to load models specified in .fgd files.
- Updated the Hexen2 game config and added it back to the default list of game modes.
Download BSP (Build 44a - .97h2)