Logo

Registrierung Mitgliederliste Team Suche FAQ Kalender Startseite Portal
Server mieten Link Us Links TeamSpeak Statistik Filebase User-Map
Clanwars Hangman Elfmeter KickTipp Turnier Chat
NO CHEAT
Bewertung: Dieses Thema wurde noch nicht bewertet. Dieses Thema wurde noch nicht bewertet. Dieses Thema wurde noch nicht bewertet. Dieses Thema wurde noch nicht bewertet. Dieses Thema wurde noch nicht bewertet.
Administrator
[OTB] Leader

Namen: T3RR0R15T
Clan: [OTB]
PlayerID: 5

Userpage

09.03.2011 01:43 Cold War City #19648

Mapname:Cold War City
Download-Info:
Dateiname:
Dateigröße:
Anz. Downloads:
Traffic bisher:

Version:
cwc_b4.bsp
2.46 MB
7.37 MB

Beta 4
Weiter zum Download
Mapper:ViciouZ & Cusoman
Gamemodes:CTF Capture The Flag
Elim
Spieler:z.B. 6 bis 10 (optimal)
Mapfiles:cwc_b1.bsp
cwc_b3.bsp
cwc_b4.bsp
Server:[OTB] Beta - Jetzt spielen! -
Quelle:Offizielles Forum
Beschreibung:Rudloe: Cold War City, by ViciouZ & Cusoman.

The name is taken from this song, and the inspiration from a general nuclear bunker theme - the map is basically the bare beginnings of an underground military fallout shelter, called into action before it was finished.

The map current supports CTF & elim only, but maybe 1-flag support will be added later.

I made the bases, paths and some detail, then passed the .map to cusoman who totally finished/remade the mid section of the map, adding some more nice terrain, jumps, and lots of gameplay.

We tried to keep the wpoly down - it's under 1000 in the bases but rises to just under 2000 when approaching the mid. The water's warp key has been removed to stop reflective water from doubling the polycount. Also, a lot of objects have been moved 1 unit above the floor or away from walls to stop qbsp3 from splitting the brushes, so if you see this, it's (hopefully) intentional.

The 'rain' effect in the middle is a transparent background TGA, scrolled using an rscript so the speed could be controlled. The sound effect was taken from the GPL samples available on the laptop.org wiki, and edited with Audacity to loop better. There are also some target_splash effects to give a weak impression of rain striking the rock and surrounding water. The voiceover played throughout the map every 90 seconds was recorded by Zorchenhimer and edited in audacity to add reverb.

Editor's Notes:
I really enjoyed making this, and I hope you enjoy playing it. It was my first foray into the world of pre-planned mapping and the first map I've made with a real size and layout. It was more designed for eye candy than gameplay though. I even planned out how to keep the r_speeds down until cusoman came along and made the mid awesome.

Bildanhänge:
jpg Dateiname: cwc_b1_1.jpg
Dateigröße: 86.95 KB
Download Downloads: 0
jpg Dateiname: cwc_b1_2.jpg
Dateigröße: 77.80 KB
jpg Dateiname: cwc_b1_3.jpg
Dateigröße: 120.21 KB
jpg Dateiname: cwc_b1_4.jpg
Dateigröße: 106.46 KB
Spyder SE

Namen: Scratch

Userpage

Carbine
[OTB] Member

PlayerID: 5085

Userpage

09.03.2011 18:50 #19655

sieht gut aus!
Aber sind auch erfahrende Mapper

bei leichten Depressionen hilft ein heißes Bad mit ätherischen Ölen, bei schweren eins mit Föhn....

signaturwg6.jpg

Player tag for Kongo
Administrator
[OTB] Leader

Namen: Chef-Killer, Sleep
PlayerID: 8
09.03.2011 20:13 #19656

Erfahrene Mapper, klasse Map, die Map gibt's allerdings schon länger. Freut mich, dass endlich die nächste Beta veröffentlicht wurde.

Regen ist übrigens Textur-Regen, gibt's auch schon seit einiger Zeit verschiedene Texturen/Scripte für smile

Träume nicht dein Leben, lebe deine Träume.
Die Welt von heute ist nicht die Welt von gestern und die Welt von morgen wird nicht die Welt von heute sein.
VM-68

Namen: Bundy
PlayerID: 86378

Userpage

16.03.2011 23:39 #19705

Was ne neue Beta von der Map ? uff ich liebe die Map aber leider kann man die ja nirgends spielen. biggrin Pub wär die cool!

Player tag for Bundy